Monday, July 20, 2009

Buried Treasure! Take Two!

This is my second Buried Treasure post. As I remember I was in mourning for a the loss of a furry neighbor that was killed on Halloween that year.



I was trying to clean out a corner of my studio today that had not seen the light of day for an eternity when I ran across a painting I did when I first started painting. It reminded of a simpler time in my life when I did not have so much responsibility, when I was free to choose my own way. A time I was not so concerned about what others thought of my work, or obeying the principles of good design. As I sat there in the light coming through the window staring at this work it dawned on me that I had gone way off course from my younger self and that, surprisingly, I miss her. I miss doing this kind of raw, primitive work. Maybe it's time I re-examine where I am going in my life, my priorities, what it is I really want to do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! One does ponder the thoughts you've broached on this post. Solutions often come when we do ask the question.

Quill and Greyson said...

Hi! So nice of you to come by and read my buried treasure. Please drop by any time.

Mom only minds traffic if she has to pee. :-)

Kim Palmer said...

Hi Kel, self examination is always a positive move I think. Nothing wrong with a little reflection in one's life! (and I am all for doing what makes you happy/happier/happiest)! I can definitely relate to the where did she go thinking. It happened to me to a few years ago and I radically changed a few things and am much happier for it! Thanks for stopping by my blog too. Great to hear from you again!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

It amazes me how far one can wonder away from themselves without realising...
I put to much pressure on myself when I paint...it has to be perfect or its not right. I've put up the brushes for now...but oneday when I miss that part of me I will return.