Saturday, July 18, 2009

Days I Cherish

Today was one of those days that I cherish. And live for. This morning I was sitting on my deck drinking my morning coffee not expecting anything out of the ordinary so of course I did not have my camera. I heard a noise and looked to see a deer emerge from the woods at the edge of my yard. It looked around, and satisfied that it was in no immediate danger, began to nibble on my lawn. I could see the shadows of more of them in the woods, but they never came out. I could of kicked myself for not having my camera, but I knew if I moved to go get it that moment would be lost. I did, however, have my phone with a camera on it. I snapped a few pics. It looked up at me as I took the pictures, but continued eating.
I sat and drunk my coffee, watching the deer contently eat until my neighbor stomped out onto his porch, slamming his door behind as he left for the day.
I checked my pics later and they did not turn out well. Bummer, I really wanted to share them.
It was such a cool day today, more like an autumn day than a day I mid-July. The high today was only 72. I spent a lot of time outside because of the coolness. I planned my fall plantings and yard décor, where I want to place a bird bath, the best place for an apple tree, and better garden placement for the Spring. I worked out there until about five, then painted some, stopping only when hunger got the best of me. After that it was near seven and time for Torchwood on BBCA. And after that, Primeval. So I don’t do too much until they go off.
So, bye. See ya’ll tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kim Palmer said...

Days like this are just sheer heaven! Woohoo Torchwood, love this show! We're all addicts here! Haven't seen Primeval, gotta go get me some tv viewing now, LOL!