I have accepted fear as a part of life - specifically the fear of change... I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back. Erica Jung

Monday, January 31, 2011

One World One Heart

Welcome to my posting for One World, One Heart. This is the last year for this event and I wish I had known of it sooner. So, let me introduce myself. My name is Kelly Jeanette though just call me Kelly or Kel. I am a mixed media artist and writer living in the beautiful mountains of East Tennessee, USA. There area is best known for bluegrass music, the International Storytelling Festival, and Bristol Motor Speedway.


Though I live here now I still consider myself a South Carolinian. I was raised on the coast and in the Piedmont area. I love the sea and try to visit Myrtle Beach, SC at least twice a year to fed the love.

Anyone who is familiar with my artwork knows two things about it-I like intense color and I like bling. I can't finish anything without putting something glittery and/or metallic on it. My mom always said I must of been a gypsy in a past life. I don't know if she was referring to the bling or the tendency to wander. I do love to travel.


Anything else you want to know this blog can tell you. It's all about me.


So, for the giftie. This is it, a mixed media necklace I crafted using handmade paper beads made from a magazine page and painted with iridescent paint, ribbon, yarn, wooden beads, shell pieces, wire, agate stone, and Tibetan bells.


It's not a perfect creation. That's just not me. To be commerically perfect is boring!


(sorry about the image. Photographing a necklace was harder than I thought. And the iridescent paint kept blurring.) If you don't want to be included in the give-away just say so in the comments.

The give away is open to all bloggers. I'll be picking the winner be random andinforming them by e-mail. Please leave me your e-mail if it is not on your blog so that I can let the winners know.

Post a Comment