Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Memories-Part 2


This happened when I was about eight/nine and we were living in a dinky mobile home park in Florance, SC. I guess things were lean that year because there was not much under the tree that I can remember. But on Christmas eve we all got a great surprise. A knock came on our door that night with a merry ho, ho, ho. OMG, It was Santa! At our door! With a big bag of toys! He came in and gave out presents all around. I can't remember what they were, just that we had a personal visit from old St. Nick.
Years later and really to this day we have no idea who it really was, but I have a suspicion that it was a dentist that work with my dad's dental lab.

Any special memory you have of Santa?

2 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

I lived down the street from the man who played Santa in the miracle on 34th street (saw him take Santa suit to dry cleaner once) so I knew Santa didn't live full time at north pole but in sunny CA.

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

I don't have any memories as a child...guess I've just gotten too old..but I have many memories as a parent.
The one I have yet to 'let out of the bag' was how the presents showed up under our tree the Christmas we got snowed in at 'grandma and grandpa's house'.
My children still haven't figured that one out...and I still say it was Santa.