Saturday, February 25, 2012

Small, but Grand


This painting was done for an upcoming auction to benefit the Johnson City Area Arts Council. No title really, but it sort of reminds me of a blustery winter day. Looking at it you would think it's a good size. Nope, it is a 4"x4". Thought I would enter it into the IA challenge of Texture this week.

I know I have not been here lately, but January and Feberuary are our businest time at my pay the bills job. On top of that I had a bad cold that lingered. I am back in the game though and painting like mad. I have also been sending feelers out to local businesses to allow me to show some of my work in their establishments. I think I have at least one planned for this Summer. Also, got some work ready for area art shows. I hope to sell something as I need more canvas!
Anyway, I'm glad to be back.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

This is bold even though the colors are soft. It's beautiful! Clicking on the image really shows the texture. It looks like winter, but very playful!

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Kelly♥
This painting DOES remind me of a blustery day! We are having a string of those windy days here with 65mph gusts...wind makes me nervous, I am not sure why.
You sound like you have a lot of exciting ventures coming up...YAY!
I like the new look to your blog too.
♥♥♥

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This piece looks as blustery as it does textural. Very lovely colors and well executed, too.

artangel said...

When I think of textural work I mostly think of something large, colourful and very heavily textured.

This fits the "texture" theme perfectly and I love that it's so small and delicate at the same time.

Lovely work, and nice to hear you're painting lots and have some exhibitions in the pipeline :)

Anne Manda said...

Very pretty, love the muted colors! It really has a wintery feeling to it! <3

Kim Collister Studio said...

I like to look before I read and now I see the blustery winter, but when I first looked, I thought of the universe. It had a very galaxy, in space type of feel for me. Very dreamy!

IA Love ~*
Kim