Sunday, February 2, 2014

Just a Sunday thought

Once, I was at a show featuring mostly realism (the type like around here-barns, farm animal, landscapes, etc). My entry was the only mixed media abstract in the show and I was feeling a bit out of place. I have this habit of lingering near my work to listen in to comments made about it (and don't tell me you folk don't do the same). An artist that I admire for her beautiful landscapes in oil was standing with me ( she was well into her seventies) and we were watching this couple staring at my painting. She introduced me and told them that she admired MY work and said I was a very eclectic artist with an unique style. That made me feel as if I was standing on air! Now, whenever I feel like I'm not getting any where and feel like I should give up, I remember her words and they make me go on.

No comments: