Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Ending...

Lucky for me I had a fireman living down the street from me and he was coming home to check on his family. He stopped and picked me up, gave me some of his coffee, a lecture on being stupid, and set me down on my parents' front porch. They were fine, just bundled under tons of blankets. After I thrawed out some I went and got my babies to stay with my parents and me. I still worried about my sis and her boys. We were without electricity for a week. I could see across the lake to the rich people houses and they had lights. Lucky them.
Fifth day out my sister's boyfriend showed up to take me and my sister to get kerosene heaters and maybe get my car. We had to stand in line to get it right off the truck. When we got back the lights were on. Great. Now I'm prepared with said heater, kerosene, food that does not need cooking, and etc stored away just in case we get another weather emergency. Never again will I wait until it's too late to get permission to leave work. I'll just go and my employer and lump it. No job is worth it risking it.

1 comment:

Joy Logan said...

Hi Kelly,saw yor comment on Scrapiteria and came over to your blog. What a story you just posted. Where are you? Whats it about? Hey I had my aging not healthy mom for years after dad died and would do it again,though it left me little time of my own. Yes I am into mixed media papers apints stuff stuff and magazines,LOL.