Saturday, June 7, 2008

Blue Plum Festival

So, the Blue Plum Festival was this weekend and alot of fun is was. Every year they close down east main and east market streets to showcase lots of art, food, and music on the streets. This year was just as great with the addition of a jazz stage in front of Nelson's art center. I love jazz. There was also celtic music, blugrass, and outlaw country. The food court held booths for funnel cakes, hot dogs, hamburgers, fried potatos rings, thai food, greek, and just plain southern cooking. There was a childern's area for games and free ice cream. The galleries had their openning for the month with Nelson's showcasing sculture and the Signature had artwork from four of our female area artists. The stores lining the streets also were having specials during the fest. The artists with booths had everything from paintings, frabic art, woodcuts, jewelry, pottery, handmade candles and soaps, to bonsai trees.

It was hot as hell-in the mid ninties and humid, but it was crowded as usual, even for early evening.

I really wanted to have a booth myself this year, but my little hospital stay last year put me back financially. Maybe next year I'll be able to have my booth.

No comments: