Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Dream

The dream was in black and white and shades of gray, in a room bare of furniture with wooden floors. There was one single window, partly open, that let in pale sunlight and a breeze, smelling of flowers and earth. There were people in the room with me. I felt that I knew them, but I didn't reconize them. A little bird was trapped in the room and we were trying to catch it. It flew around and around the room until we saw from it's bright blue color that it was a parakeet. Several of us questioned why a parakeet was loose to come through the window and get trapped in this room. Finally, I held up my cupped hands and the parakeet came to land in them. I brought my hands down to my breast to gently hold the little bird. It looked so bedraggled and scared, sitting there in my hands. My last thought before I woke up was that I needed to get help for it.
I don't know if there is meaning in dreams and this was trying to tell me something. I just know that it was a beautiful dream to remember when I woke up.
I always had a fondness for parakeets. They are so much fun to watch. They have so much personalityand cheerfulness with they chriping and playing. I would like to have some, but with my mother on oxygen I can't have them in the house. And I have, like, demon cats that would torment them.
Until next blog, see you all well.

No comments: