Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why I Hate and Fear Clowns

I really do not like clowns. Have never been able to face them. It’s a good thing McDonald’s have remove Ronald from in front of their establishments or I would have to forgo their yummy coffees. I believe I know where this fear came from. It is from an old One Step Beyond episode. This one below. Since I saw it I have hated clowns.


One Step Beyond - Clown
Starring - John Newland, Yvette Mimieux, Mickey Shaughnessy, Christopher Dark, Paul Moose Garner, Jack Daly, John Close, Karen Scott, Jim Nolan
Directed by - John Newland
(1960) - B&W - 24 min
In this episode -The Clown, a jealous boyfriend kills his girlfriend, played by Yvette Mimieux, when he finds her hiding in Pippo the Clown's trailer at the carnival. Then - he is haunted by the menacing clown - but all in some dream world. This episode is probsably the original of all the scary clown tv and movie themes we have seen since. Really great episode - check out that clown's face!


Here is the link to the episode on youtube if you want to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrY7_tPLzgg




And of course, this did not help matters at all. I hear Warner Brothers are doing a remake. So am NOT going to see this one. *shudder*



2 comments:

circus child said...

Hello I was just finishing up my blog entry about claudrophobics when I decided to check out other blogs. the cause of my fear of clowns are the same as yours. IT. X.X what a terrible movie.
btw I like your blog. :)

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

Thanks, circus child. Checked out your blog. Girl, you're a nut. I like that. Like your blog, too.