Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inspiration Avenue-Pure

When I read what the weekly theme was from Inspiration Avenue this old gospel song On the Wings of a Pure White Dove ran through my head. I knew I just had to do a work for it.








I hope that this means my time creative blockage is over. For the past few months, actually since my mother died, I have been living in a void. Unable to paint or write. I so badly want to be able to create again. Maybe this is a new beginning.
BTW-the top and bottom is also painted and decorated.







7 comments:

WrightStuff said...

It looks like this project gave you the 'wings' you needed to take off creatively again. It has a real sense of peace about it.

Maggie said...

Oh, I like this so much! The dove is beautiful and I like the little bit of music at the bottom!

Unknown said...

This is so lovely and poignant- very "pure" I hope this ends your creative block too, it's just not fair the times that we are unable to create are also the times we need it the most! Hope to see you and your work at IA again soon!

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

Thanks, all!

Charlie said...

This is lovely and I hope it ends your creative block too. Sometimes we have to throw ourselves out there even if we are not quite ready. You never know what might catch you on the way.
Hugs, and hope to see you on IA again.

Luthien Thye said...

OMG i do hope you are healing ... i think it shows in your piece. to me the dove is flying up ... like it's letting go of something. i hope you are my dear fren ...

tho that music note, treble clef with b and e flat ... i sense a little poignancy in you still ... if i could i would give you a big big hug!

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

Thanks, Charlie. I certainly hope something catches me soon.

Thanks, luthien. I could really use a hug tonight.