Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Gift

I came home from work yesterday and was met by Barney at the door. He gave me a sweet meow while looking up at me with those loving, adoring eyes. I went to step in and just barely avoided stepping on a dead mouse.

Now, I know all of you out there had the same reaction at this as my friends here..."oh, how sweet. He bought you a gift to show you how much he loves you."

Yeah, right. I think he just want the entertainment of watching mom shriek and do the EwwwDance. I swear I heard the sound of kitty laughter as he ran off.

Needless to say the removal of dead mouse fell to snickering male child while I left to go to Micky Ds for a latte to calm my nerves.

3 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

I was very interested in the book you mentioned in your last post I have it flagged.

Dead mouse! Yeow!

Thanks for the good vibes on the book. I guess the link isn't working. I'll have a give away too soon. :-)

Priti Lisa said...

LOL! The only thing worse than a dead mouse in the house is a mouse who is...not dead. Good work Barney!
xox

Debrina said...

Hello dear Kelly! Well, join the club, my cat Lucy has been doing the mouse thing recently too. She's never done it before until now. I wonder what possesses them?