Saturday, April 24, 2010

Natural Timeless


I just wanted to repost this entry because I have been wondering about the direction of my life and been going over this book again.



I have been introduced to this book called Style Statement by Carrie McCarthy and Danielle LaPorte by inkonmyfingers.typepad.com and decided to get it. It suppose to help the reader find their life style, their style statement that relates to all parts of their life. So I read it and did the exercises inside.


Let me tell you now, this book is not for the faint of heart. It forces the reader to really examine themselves. While doing the exercises I have discovered a few things about myself that truly stunned me. I mean, I did not know some of that about me (or I did know and was just denying it).
After I was done I found that I was a…..


Natural Timeless!


Quoted from the book-


Spirit: Natural is genuine, free from artificiality, affectation, and inhibitions. Natural is known for being spontaneous and easygoing. Natural hates to be fenced in and riles against conformity and unreasonable rules., though they are rooted in moral certainty and a strong sense of justice. Very much at ease with their essential selves, Natural is often very instinctive, sensuous, or highly sexual. They are not strangers to hedonism or pleasure seeking. They love to get down to basics and can be graceful and direct communicators. Down to earth, literally and figuratively, Natural has a deep reverence and respect for nature and ecological systems, which delight and replenishes them, and an appreciation of supernatural forces.


Look and feel: All things generated by nature: wood, minerals, gems. Natural coloring, textiles, and produce. Rustic, primitive, flowing, native, or common to it’s surroundings.
How does the commercial song go-"the look, the feel of cotton..."


Definition of timeless from dictionary.com


Without beginning or end, eternal, everlasting, referring to or restricted to no particular time, enduring, abiding, permanent


This is so me! Now I understand my collection of stones (and here everyone thought I was a secret pagan), my dislike of trends, my love of ruins and abandon farmhouses, my need to get away to a spot in nature, my need of space.
You can find out more about all this by visiting stylestatement.com

1 comment:

Priti Lisa said...

Natural and Timeless, huh?
Not surprising to me, sounds like I imagined you well.

Neighbors! Shesh, who needs 'em!
xox