Sunday, September 18, 2011

Keep What You Love

I read a quote recently on Facebook. I can’t remember who it was, but it stuck with me. It said “Keep what you love.” Looking around me I realized then that there is very little around me that I “love”. Of course, many things around me have a sentimental value, but I don’t really love them. I just haven’t gotten rid of them because they belonged to my mom and I feel like I’m letting her go if I get rid of it all.
I truly feel though that I could walk away tomorrow and not miss any of it. Except for a few things that is. Things that I cannot bear to part with.

What about all of you? Are you surrounded by what you love?

1 comment:

Umā said...

Good question. I've been narrowing down my belongings bit by bit for the past year and a half (though there is still a long way to go) and as I prepare to head to the Southwest for 8 months with only what will fit in my car I've had to review and reduce multiple times. The process has revealed more than ever that there's even more I can do without...I'll have to tackle that when I return however!