Thursday, January 5, 2017

The meaning of security

Security. What does it mean really? In these days people seldom find it. Oh, they may think they have it if they are financially well off. Secure in their place in the world. Some of us have security in our faith. Secure in our health. Wealth. Family life. But some of us have issues with security. We have anxiety problems. Sometimes we wake up in the middle of the night afraid for no apparent reason. I know I do. I know there is nothing to fear. Everything is alright with my world. I know there are things in this world that are bad, but I have no control over them. I can only pray for all involved and concentrate on my own life. What is security to me? The little green glow on my ceiling in my bedroom. I can turn over and see that and know that I am not far from help if I need it. That green glow is my cell phone charged and ready for me to use. A weird reason to be secure, Uh?

No comments: