Saturday, February 9, 2008

Color Me Wild

You Are a Red Crayon
Your world is colored with bright, vivid, wild colors.You have a deep, complex personality - and you are always expressing something about yourself.Bold and dominant, you are a natural leader. You have an energy that is intense... and sometimes overwhelming.Your reaction to everything tends to be strong. You are the master of love-hate relationships.
Your color wheel opposite is green. Green people are way too mellow to understand what drives your energy.
What'>http://www.blogthings.com/whatcolorcrayonareyouquiz/">What Color Crayon Are You?


One day a long time ago right after I started first grade my fellow students and I were given a box of crayons and a pre-printed picture to color. We were told to color the sky blue, the tree and grass green, and the squirrel brown. Being my daring self my sky turned out orange, my tree blue, the grass red, and the squirrel purple. My Mom was called in to discuss my rebellious nature.
Let's face it-I love color.
I mean, if we were to take what is taught us when we are young as truth, that there is only eight colors (nine if you count white), why do crayons come in boxes of eight, sixteen, thirty-two, and sixty-four? What are we to do with the other crayons, just look at them? What a waste of money.
Just look around our lovely world and see the colors. All the delicate pinks of a winter dawn, all the vibrant shades of reds, oranges, and golds of autumn trees against a shade of blue that only an autumn sky has, all the great firey colors of a summer sunset, all the different hues of greens in nature. Not just eight colors.
Support art in our public schools. Creative minds are terrible things to waste. A sense of wonder worse to lose.

No comments: