Thursday, March 27, 2008

Caregiving Pains

It never ceases to amaze me how uncaring people can be to caregivers. I mean, we are constantly under stress taking care of a sick loved one, trying to make their lives bearable, while trying to make do for ourselves. Some of us must have full time jobs on top of the caregiving, living pay check to pay check, with never enough to go around to everyone wanting it and are not willing to work with us to keep us out of a hardship. Then if our loved one or, God forbide, ourselves, gets sick-Wham! suddenly everyone wants their money right then, or something breaks down, and we're up s*** creek. Then there is family members who think hey! we have no husband or kids, so we must be available whenever they want us to do something for them, then get pissed if we say we can't. Or if we ask them to help out with the bills so that a parent is not left sitting in a cold dark house. Then there's the people who want to know why we never married or date. Please! Like there's time for that. Or the employers that get huffy if we don't volunteer to work over every day.

I wish people would stay off my case and leave me alone. I am doing the best I can. I don't have hardly any time for myself anymore and my artwork, my writing, my poetry, and my sanity is paying for it.

No comments: