Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cat, Dogs, and Dignity Lost

Barneycan'tgoout

Awww! Barney can't go outside. Barney doesn't know how to come home and Mommy has to go looking for him.

Except for today. My nephew opened the door and Barnabas took the opportunity to dash out the door. He was gone before we knew it. I saw his bright white tail just has he darted behind the neighbors' house. I gave chase because I knew their pitbull was lose.

When I made it around the corner Barney was standing there, ears back, back up, tail fluffed and he was hissing for all his worth. Lily, the pitbull, is really just a puppy even though she is large and she wants to play all the time. She was just standing there watching that stupid cat as if she was trying to figure him out. She saw me and started jumping up and down doing her little happy wiggle. About that time another neighbor dog, a very big, very old black lab named Joe came over for a visit. It proved too much for Barney. He climbed up my body to perch on my head.

So I walked back to my house with this fluffed up hissing cat on my head, followed by these two big dog-one white and one black-who were trying to get me to pet them. I guess we made a sight to see. Good thing none of my neighbors were home to see it.

7 comments:

Priti Lisa said...

Cat as a Hat. Has a fun ring to it.
Maybe you should write a book, lol.
xox,
Lisa

Michele Lynch Art said...

LOL you needed a picture of this!! I'll bet you made a really funny site! At least you got him before he disappeared!

Anonymous said...

A sight to behold I am sure. At least Barney is safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is hilarious and I have this wonderful image of you walking back home. I'm glad Barney survived his adventure and thank you so much for sharing it!
♥Sharon

Bunnym said...

Oh no! I've had cats all my life and the thought of one of them getting lost terrifies me. Did you know that today 8-9-09 is National Cat Day. I gave my 2 kitty cats some very expensive canned cat food today in celebration. Perhaps there was a cat party little barney wanted to attend....lol

tootles,
bunny

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

Barney should of let me know where he was going then and took his brother with him.

WrightStuff said...

Ha! We just love our cats! So funny.