Monday, August 25, 2008

At A DQ Drive-Thru

So...I was sitting in the drive-thru at our local Dairy Queen, listening to an old AC/DC tune when my eyes wandered off to the little woods across a small field next to the restraught. I noticed some of the leaves on the trees looked like the might be changing color. The sky was overcast andit was drizzling just a bit, but I had my window down (mainly because I can't stand air conditioning. I like real air.) Through it I caught the strong smell of onion rings from the DQ and gas smell from the car ahead me. I don't know what it was about the combination of the song, the smells, and the sight of the turning leaves, but I was hit with the most overwhelming sense of homesickness. Or it could of been nostalgia, something remembered by my spirit from my past. I suddenly just wanted to cry for the past, roads not taken, chances gone. It put me in a melancholy mood that I haven't quite shaken off yet.

1 comment:

HILDA ANGULO said...

Hello

I invite my blog and my facebook to speak about literature

grettings

Hilda María
gredazul1982@yahoo.es