Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Autumn

Yea! It's finally Autumn. The weather is cooling down, even if it's a little rainy. I was standing on my porch last night and a wind came through, rattling the leaves off the trees in the woods behind my house. Seeing those yellow popular and crimson mable leaves fly across my yard just made my heart thump.

I love Fall.

This time of the year I can ride down the road and see peoples little autumn vignettes set up in their yards featuring the hay bales, corn stalks, scarecrows, mums and pumkins. I guess I like this season because it features all my favorite colors-reds, golds, oranges, and black. I just get giddy when I pass a corn field or a pumkin sale or a greenhouse covered in mums. And the sky is the color blue that can be seen only in Autumn.

And now that it is October it's time to think Halloween, my second favorite holiday. Yes, it's only one day, but the whole month is really deciated to the human love of being scared out of our wits. In a fun way. And it all accumalates on October 31st when our kids go out in search of sweets in all their cute costumes. Then they bring it home for us to go through and hunt out the chocolate....I mean bad candy.

And yes, I am already thinking ahead to Christmas. As well as the stores. I swear I've seen christmas decorations and supplies in some stores.

Damn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. Not only is it dedicated to getting totally freaked out but it's the only holiday where it's cool to dress and act like whatever the hell you want.

Amen sister. Fall is the best season. ;-)