Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thoughts On Traffic, People, And Issues

I had gone to town late this afternoon and on my way home I realized something. Everyone growls about having to wait in traffic, but really doesn't bother me. I was sitting in my car, heavy metal blaring from my radio, sipping on a caramel fappicino from Starbucks, my windows down with the smells drifting in from all the various restraughts along the street. And I was happy. I loved this time of day. And I people watched. A favorite past-time of mine.
All around me I could see other drivers either on their phones, frowning at the traffic lights, talking with their passangers. Most looked harried, distracted, bored, unhappy. The stress levels around there must of been very high. I was thinking, like, chill, people. No need to get all hot and bothered. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, like me. Keep the blood pressure down. You'll get home eventally.
I try not to get stressed over anything. Stress causes medical problem. Don't need anymore of that.
People who don't really know me think that I don't care. Those that do know me know that's not the case. I just refuse to let issues rule my life. (and sometimes I really DON'T care.)
Back to the traffic. As bad as it is now, wait until the holiday shopping begins. I'm planning on shopping online, but I think I will go ride up and down the main streets just to watch the dramas. Woowhoo!

No comments: