Sunday, September 6, 2009

Blue Berry Cobbler-The NonBaker Way

This is for all of you out there that gets volunteered to make a blueberry cobbler. Like me. We have recently come into a large amount of frozen blueberries. My mother nagged me for three days to make a blueberry cobbler. Now, if you know me, I am not a cook. To be honest, I hate it. The microwave is my best friend. I eat a lot of my food raw.
So I gave in to the constant torment and decided to make the cobbler. I also decided to cheat. I bought a box of white cake mix, went by directions, then added the blueberries into the mix after pouring it into the pan. And kept a close eye on it.
It turned out rather good with just a few uh ohs.
Note-really, keep a watch on it. And use a big pan.
Note 2-put tin foil around edges. Otherwise they will burn.
Note 3-put the tin foil on BEFORE putting cobbler in oven. Pan is very hot and oven mitts are bulky.
And this is the most important note 4-get yourself a piece or two before you inform a twenty-one year male that there is cobbler on the stove.

I would of loved to have a picture of how this turned out, but it didn't last long enough for me to go get my camera.

2 comments:

Debrina said...

Hello Kelly! So did your mum get a chance to enjoy the cobbler with you? Ahh..there's nothing like a nag or two to get you off your butt (it doesn't seem to work for teh husband though - go figure!). Well thanks for your beautiful compliments over my new ACEOs. I haven't listed them yet - I need someone to nag me too.

Kim Palmer said...

Thats what happens at my house too when the 18 yr old gets a sniff of anything remotely bakey!