Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Will Be Gone For Awhile

I just wanted everyone to know that I will be off the blogsphere for the next two weeks. My mother died today, in my arms no less, and I have to deal with all the arrangements. Then I will most likely go out of town to get over it all. I can't afford a breakdown right now.

It happened so fast. She was fine one minute and then gone within the hour. I was told she was dead before the EMT got there. So, if you have people you love in ill health (or not) spend as much time with them that you can. Love them and cherish them. You never know when they will no longer be there.

7 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

I send you my deepest, heartfelt condolences. xx caterina

Debrina said...

God bless, Kelly. My thoughts are with you.

Kim Palmer said...

Oh, Kel, I am so sorry to hear this. The loss of one's parents is just heartbreaking. This sounds so sudden, I'm glad you were able to be there, for both of you. Take special care my friend and I will catch up with you when you feel able to post again. Hugs!

Quill and Greyson said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take good care of yourself during this awful time. My deepest purrs and Mom send hugs!

Umā said...

I'm at a loss for words besides I am so very sorry to read this, and you'll be in my thoughts during the difficult weeks ahead. Take care of yourself.

Patti Edmon Artist said...

I hope in the time that has lapsed that you have rediscovered memories, processed at least the beginning of your loss, and been held in supporting arms. I am so sorry to know that you have experienced such tragedy but I will follow your advice and cherish each moment....
warmly, p

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and strength to get through these days.