Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Beginning of the Holidays

*sigh* Halloween is over and things quiet down. It is three weeks until Thanksgiving Day. This year with Mom gone I will NOT be cooking. I have informed my sister that I will be at her house for dinner this year and it had better be eariler than 7:oo. (She's bad to have dinner ready late.) Before then I'll just watch the Macy's Parade and rest. Paint some. Drink coffee and write. The weekend after that is the offical start of the holidays (for me at least). The Bristol International Speedway opens it's annul Speedway in Lights on Friday night. The whole track and around is decorated in thousands of lights. You can find out more here...

http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/events/autotrader_com_speedway_in_lights/

Of course Friday is also Black Friday which I am so glad I have to work. I went out on Black Friday once and saw way too much craziness. I'll never do it again. I don't need to save money that bad.


That Saturday is the Johnson City Holiday Parade and I always go even alone because I just enjoy it so much. Watching the faces of the little childern tickles me so. This puts me in the mood. After this I visit friends and we go out.

Sunday is decorating day. I drag all the outside lights out and start testing and stringing and chasing off the neighbors' dogs and doing more cursing than I should.

Oh, yeah, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a very business time for me.

I LOVE it!

No comments: