Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

It is now 7:03 pm and it is still 84 degrees. I have my air conditioner on (mainly for the boy and the furry ones. He's whining he's burning up and the furry ones have retreated to cool spots with they tongues hanging out.) I love it. If it were up to me all the windows would be open. The ride home from work was in a nice hot car with the windows down through downtown restaurant alley. Ah, the smells. Hamburgers and steaks, Chinese and Mexican, seafood and barbecue. Yum! I guess I was hungry. I did whimper a little as I passed Starbucks. Too house poor this week to indulge in a grande soy caramel extra shot frappachino. *sniff*

I love hot weather! I wish I was at the beach.

The only thing I don't like about the coming of warmth is that all the bugs are coming out. Now, I really don't mind most of them, but I hate spiders. Especially those little black hairy ones that show up in my house every year. Even the cats don't like them. They freak when they see them and meow until I kill the things. (Yes, I know, my cats are arachnophobic.). And then there is those centipedes that get in, oh, and the scorpions, and the army of ants that invade my home. I mean, come on!

*sigh* I guess it all comes with living on a lake.

Well, this was my Happy Monday post and I think hit a few of my happys. So, later, and keep creating.

1 comment:

Umā said...

I love the heat too, and the bugs are waking up here as well. I have a kitchen full of little ants at the moment...