Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Furry Sons are 14!

Today is my babies 14th birthday! That is 98 to us humans. They awfully old and not as limber and fast, but they still sweet and can get into things to irritate mom. They really aren't brothers.










I got Barnabas in NC from my uncle. He is so named because the little brat bit me when I reached to pick him up. I named him for Barnabas Collins from the Dark Shadows series (the old one). He's a grouchy old cat who demands the best right then. If he does not get it my art supplies are goners. Everything ends up in the floor and my canvas are used for scratching post. Good thing he's declawed.








Nikademos came from the Virginia side of Bristol. A lady I met in passing at a local restaurant said she had a black kitten she wanted to find a home for. I love black cats so I went to her house and fell in love with the little thing. He was the runt of the litter, nothing but ears and and a nose. He turned out to be the sweetest cat I had ever owned. He talks to me (he's very vocal), and purrs all the time, and wants to meet everyone who comes in my door. He was named for a character in a book I was reading at the time.








I only later realized that both names are also in the Bible.

3 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

Happiest of Birthdays Boys!!!!!

Susan Tuttle said...

what cuties:) -- they remind me so much of my Miko and Luca who have passed. :)

Priti Lisa said...

Happy Birthday furry babies!
happy weekend Kelly :)
xox