Wednesday, April 21, 2010

An Unusual Wake Up Alarm

Crash! Bang!

I jumped up from a dead sleep, ready to yell at the furry boys for breaking something and waking me up. But upon touring the kitchen and living room I couldn't find anything broke. They were actually asleep.

Then I heard shouting and banging outside. I looked out my back window to see what my neighbor was up to.

And got an eyeful.

There was my neighbor in the yard on his stomach in handcuffs while men in black milled around. Inside the house were men in fatiques and black masks carrying guns throwing cushions around and upturning furniture. At that time a man walked underneath MY window and I could see S.W.A.T. on the back of his shirt. He looked up at me and I decided not to investigate further. I don't need that trouble.

I was almost afraid to leave the house to go to my car to go to work. Does the man who owns that house ever check the background of the people he rents to? That's like the second time the police did a bust there. Last year they caught renters there dealing. Those people had about twelve pitbulls! They actually told me that those dogs were so tame I could go pet them whenever I wanted. Like...NO.

I have nothing against pitbulls. My other neighbors has one and she's a sweetheart. I pet her all the time. But not twelve of them. No.

Anyway, that was my morning.

1 comment:

Umā said...

Yikes, that would be too much morning excitement for me! Though occasionally here we have the excitement of a student escaping from the boarding school for troubled kids (very wealthy ones) across the hill and helicopters flying over the house at incredibly low altitudes, searchlights searching...