Thursday, April 8, 2010

This Afternoon-A Bit Of Awesome

He drifted by my window, graceful and silent, oh so beautiful. I watched his path with awestuck wonder as he alighted ,wings spread out, showing off his colors in the late afternoon sunlight. He flipped his wings closed and looked around with haughty eyes, lord of the skies. Then, with a soft cry, the red tailed hawk flew off to who knows where.

One would expect me to see a sight like this as I live in the country on a lake. The wonder I found in this moment was that I was in the middle of downtown, sitting in a bank parking lot and the pole this hawk landed on was a light pole in the mall parking lot next door. Just not something I would expect to see downtown.

1 comment:

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Kelly,
You are so poetic...the hawk story was way less creepy than the crawlies. I have ants every year too. Bleah.
Glad you found joy in a cup of coffee...imagine, some people take that for granted. I bet you made God smile :)
xox