Monday, May 9, 2011

Finds







Well, decided to take a break from jewelry making and go through some old work stacked up in Cory's room and found these old oil paintings of mine from college (yes, I did go. Didn't learn much.) We were suppose to do two paintings inspired by our favorite artists. This was back in the mid-nineties. Or maybe early nineties. Can't really remember.


Anyway, these were inspired by Georgia O'Keefe (duh, best female artist ever) and Pierre Bonnard (I love his paintings).


Just wanted to share them with you.

3 comments:

Priti Lisa said...

I didn't know you painted with oil (that's on my bucket list)They are really good!
Maybe you should make yourself a goddess costume to wear at your art show...I know you like scary movies, but dressing up like an axe murderer might have the oppisite effect :-/

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

That was back in the day, Lisa. The smell gave me migraines, so I had to stop.
The show is all month long, so costume is out. I was thinking more of an interesting table set up.

Michele Lynch Art said...

cool paintings from the past!! xo Michele