Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Going into Battle with ...



I have two of nephews living with me (who I refer to as my boys). One is Cory AKA SMC (snickering male child),, and the other is Patrick, my army veteran. The other day I was minding my on business in my studio when I heard a high pitched scream of terror and a crash coming from the Dark Zone (the other end of the house where they reside.). Normally I would not venture into the Dark Zone except to talk briefly with them or to get them up and only if I take a big stick with me in case something reaches out of the darkness to grab me. However, concern for Patrick (as Cory was out of town at the time) sent me sprinting into the blackness. Flinging open his door expecting God only knows what that would make an ex soldier scream like a little girl I saw something that shocked me.

Patrick was backed against the wall, shit kicker boots on, hands encased in heavy work gloves, a rolled up magazine in one hand and a blow torch in the other, wild eyed and breathing hard.

Okay, wth?

"It's in here! I'm going to kill that f*****. It's out to get me!"

Apparently, this crawled out of his closest...



Did I mention that Patrick is terrified of spiders?

"Okay, Patrick. Please, don't burn the house down." I calmly closed the door and retreated from the Dark Zone, before the eight legged freak came looking for me. I hate them, too.

No comments: