Saturday, May 30, 2009

Me, So not the "Liberal, Artsy Person

When I introduce myself to people for the first time as an artist, they get perceived ideas as to what I’m supposed to look like. You know…the whole bohemian look. Weird clothes, ethic jewelry. They also expect me to be a card carrying liberal.

Ok, I’m not a deep person. I don’t care for social indi films, deep thought provoking books, politically correct conversations, or interactive art forms.

I love action films, zombie flicks (my hero is Alice from Resident Evil), my fav books are paranormal romances and urban fantasy, conversations filled with laughter and jokes (the politically incorrect ones, too.), and any kind of art that does not smack of avant garde. (I hate that stuff. I have seen some stupid stuff get praised as great art only because those with the money apparently think they have to like awful art to be in the In Crowd).

I will admit that I like world music, but much prefer hard core rock (Korn, Disturb, Metallica, Rob Zombie, etc) and ethic jewelry (mostly Southwest and Native American though), but I’m a jeans and t-shirt girl with a conservative bent.

***Doing right now-watching Alien vs. Predator. Blood and guts, screaming and running, shooting and fighting. My kind of movie.

No comments: