Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks, Watermelons, and Rain

This July 4th I was forced by the economy to make a decision has how to celebrate. I’m sure a lot of people had to make the same decision. How to celebrate…or more to the point how much to spend to celebrate. I only had so much to spend. Did I want to have a great spread for the family picnic? Or did I want to have a fireworks display? How about a little of both…a small backyard cookout and lesser fireworks? In the end I opted for the fireworks. Why? 1-Because the only ones to show up for a cookout was my sis and her crew and they couldn’t be there until late because her man had to work late. So what was the point? 2-because I’m an unabashed firebug. I love playing with fire and explosives and fireworks. 3-because of the kids in my neighborhood. I wanted them to have a great fireworks display without their parents having to have the hassle of trying to get to the downtown display. So with my fireworks and the display of the neighbors on either side of me we had a great street wide fireworks.

Afterwards I cut up a watermelon for my niece and nephews and we ate it on the deck in the rain. Such fun!

It rained all night and is still raining. This always happens after fireworks around here.

No comments: