Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Snow and An Harrowing Trip Home











Love the snow but wish I wasn't out in it Friday night. When I went in to buy supplies it was raining. When I came back out the parking lot was covered. Thus began My harrowing trip home. What is normally a 20 minute drive began 3 hours long. There were cars all over the road, in ditches, and stopped on hills they could not get up. I managed to get within 5 miles of my house and hit a hill I could not get up. I finally slid into the ditch while trying to get up it.










Luckily a nice man and his son came by and got my car out of the ditch. And while we were doing that a young lady in an SUV came by and offered me a ride home. With my grocies. And of course, the lights kept going off and on. I shouldn't complain. Some people still don't have power.
My neighbor helped me go get my car out of the ditch yesterday, so all's good. I did not like my car on the side of the road.

4 comments:

Umā said...

Oh no! While I've never been stranded on the road in the snow, I've come very close and been terrified. So glad you got some help!

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Kelly,
You Southerners and snow make a very funny cocktail!
I'm kinda glad you got some...we always have more than our fair share.

Thank you for continuing to visit and comment my blog, it really means a lot to me.
Love and merriment, Lisa

Quill and Greyson said...

How scary, thank cod you're safe.

Kim Palmer said...

I love the snow (she says living in the sub-tropics, LOL) and have really enjoyed everyone's pics of late with the wintery weather, but then of course I don't have this stuff to contend with! What a nuisance that must have been. Thanks heaven no major crisis occured, just damn inconvenience! Have a fabulous chrissy season Kel and hugs for you from Oz!