I have accepted fear as a part of life - specifically the fear of change... I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back. Erica Jung

Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Snow and An Harrowing Trip Home











Love the snow but wish I wasn't out in it Friday night. When I went in to buy supplies it was raining. When I came back out the parking lot was covered. Thus began My harrowing trip home. What is normally a 20 minute drive began 3 hours long. There were cars all over the road, in ditches, and stopped on hills they could not get up. I managed to get within 5 miles of my house and hit a hill I could not get up. I finally slid into the ditch while trying to get up it.










Luckily a nice man and his son came by and got my car out of the ditch. And while we were doing that a young lady in an SUV came by and offered me a ride home. With my grocies. And of course, the lights kept going off and on. I shouldn't complain. Some people still don't have power.
My neighbor helped me go get my car out of the ditch yesterday, so all's good. I did not like my car on the side of the road.
Post a Comment