Monday, October 10, 2011

Feedback needed

I just finished this painting and would really love some opinions and feedback on it. 1-is it too simple? Too bright, too dark? Did I mess it up adding the interference paint in the trees? (I wanted to give it a feel of a breeze blowing and just a hint of magic.) Do I need to add something? As everyone knows I hate too much detail and love color. I also love sparklies and It's killing me not to add small rhinestones as stars. Should I try to sell it as is or should I add the stones? I feel like I'm not voicing my own vision not to add the stones, but I would really love to sell this as a print too. It's called Early Autumn Night. Help!

4 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

I think it's pretty as is but if you think it needs sparkles I say add sparkles!

Maybe you could add a glittery paint to the stars so you get your sparkle but it's still a print?

Purrs!

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Kelly. The painting is beautiful. I would add the rhinestones...you can always add them to the print too, it would make the print even more special. I add rhinestones all the time. Just my opinion. Hav a happy week ♥♥♥

artangel said...

It's lovely, really nice composition - not too simple at all! The colours and graded tones are fab. I personally think the stones would be gorgeous against that deep midnight blue, the perfect finishing touch!

Not sure why adding the stones means you couldn't sell it as a print, but if that's a problem could you take prints first then add your stones to the original?

Michele Lynch Art said...

I think you should stay true to your vision of the painting Kelly and if that means rhinestones then I would add them for sure! It's a really pretty painting! Love the colors. xo Michele