Monday, January 4, 2010

The First Happy Monday

I want to start out the year thinking good thoughts, so I am starting a new weekly post. On Mondays, to start out the week right, I will blog about something that makes me happy. This first Monday of 2010 I want to blog about books. In particularly art books.
I love getting a new book showcasing the artwork of others, especially mixed media arts. When I need inspiration they are always there for me to look through for ideas. Every artist should have at least a book on design and composition, as well as books in mediums that one does not use. Inspiration can be found there, too. Even though I am a painter and a mixed media artist, I find inspiration in pottery, papermaking, and printing.
My newest book was delivered on Christmas Eve from Amazon. It’s sort of a birthday present for myself. It is Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed Media Artists by Ann Baldwin. I love it. I have already gotten ideas from it. She’s a great artist.
So, going to go use some of those ideas now.
Later

2 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

Mom loves Ann Baldwin

Kim Palmer said...

Catching up on recent posts. So glad you have this bbok it is one of my all time favs. Love Ann Baldwin! Umm, her work that is, LOL!