I have accepted fear as a part of life - specifically the fear of change... I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back. Erica Jung

Monday, January 4, 2010

The First Happy Monday

I want to start out the year thinking good thoughts, so I am starting a new weekly post. On Mondays, to start out the week right, I will blog about something that makes me happy. This first Monday of 2010 I want to blog about books. In particularly art books.
I love getting a new book showcasing the artwork of others, especially mixed media arts. When I need inspiration they are always there for me to look through for ideas. Every artist should have at least a book on design and composition, as well as books in mediums that one does not use. Inspiration can be found there, too. Even though I am a painter and a mixed media artist, I find inspiration in pottery, papermaking, and printing.
My newest book was delivered on Christmas Eve from Amazon. It’s sort of a birthday present for myself. It is Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed Media Artists by Ann Baldwin. I love it. I have already gotten ideas from it. She’s a great artist.
So, going to go use some of those ideas now.
Later
Post a Comment